Feel like you need more sunshine? We hear it all the time. The #1 reason people move to the Phoenix area is the weather. On average, Phoenix gets over 310 days of sun per year. That a lot of sun tan lotion! Our buyer specialists are experts in the west valley area, and can suggest great areas for a second home purchase. Weather you want a $90,000 ranch style home in Buckeye, or a larger home on the golf course in a gated community, the west valley has something for you. Here are the Top 10 things you need to know before purchasing a second home in the west valley.
Top 10 Things You Should Know Before Purchasing A Second Home
1. What should I leave my thermostat at when I leave? Believe it or not, this is probably one of the biggest questions we get from second home buyers. The answer is about 85-90 degrees. While you don’t need to make it comfortable in your house in the summer, you do need to keep it under 100 degrees to protect items in the home & the interior of the home itself.
2. Do people heat their pools here in Phoenix in the winter time? Not usually. It is expensive to keep a pool heated. If you’re lucky enough to purchase a home with a heater already on the pool system, you can heat it occasionally. Most people tend to just enjoy the beautiful weather in the winter and leave the pool time for summer.
3. Are there areas with community pools? And are they heated? Yes. There are several communities in Goodyear and few in Buckeye with community pools. Some heat their pools & some don’t. One of our buyer specialists will be happy to share more information with you about these communities.
4. Can I rent out my new home seasonaly? We get this question a lot too. It all depends on what time of the year you’re planning on renting it out. If you can rent it in the fall spring or winter great. Don’t plan on renting it out in the summer while you’re away. We can refer you to a great property management professional who can give you more details about seasonal rentals.
5. What are the property taxes? The west valley has some of the lowest property taxes in the country. Typically, property taxes will run around 1% of the purchase price per year. There are some areas that carry a separate road & facility fee. One of our buyer specialists can speak with you more about those areas.
Don’t miss out on the next 5 things you should know before purchasing a second home. Please provide us with your name and email address & we will get the second part of our list right over to you.
[contact-form 17 "Top 5 second home purchase"]